Topics

Invite to Jan 31 event: Rethinking civil society - with lessons from rethinking work and Harold Jarche

David Wilcox

Hi all

In case you missed the blog post, here's news of the event.  Hope you can make it.

Taster

" We have a terrific opportunity on January 31 to rethink what's needed to do social good in London, with a free all-day event led by Harold Jarche, international expert on networks, social learning and leadership. Signup here

Can we continue successfully with the current mix of community and voluntary organisations - provided they can find ways to survive and meet new social challenges as funding is cut?

Or should we look at new ways of organising, learning from those who are re-inventing work as a more fluid mix of teams, communities of practice, and social networks? Here's Harold's model. You can read more on his blog. "

Nicolas Fonty

Hello David
Several people orientated me towards you and the event you are organising tomorrow : Barbara Brayshay (with who I collaborate in LivingMaps), Richard Lee coordinator of Just Space network to which I participate and Doug Morrison with who we organised a workshop in Millbank on community creative projects this Saturday.

I am intensely engaged in a mapping project (JustMap) which I think is very related to Networked City. One of the JustMap's goals is to make visible London groups involved in community-led processes so they can connect to each other, share knowledge, build cooperative actions (locally and at a metropolitan scale too) and get empowerment.

Unfortunately I won't be able to come tomorrow because I am in Paris for a mapping workshop. But Doug and Barbara told me that they would probably go.
I hope that the event will be a success and that we will be able to meet soon to exchange on Networked City and JustMap.

Good luck for tomorrow !
nicolas fonty